Forest industry companies which have come together to form the first stand-alone association for the sector in South Australia’s history are moving quickly to develop the model and begin making a difference for all member companies.
A foundation meeting at Mt Gambier’s Commodore Hotel and via video conferencing last night brought together some twenty key players and saw an Interim Governing Committee announced.
That Committee comprises:
- Adrian Flowers, General Manager Tabeel Trading
- John Forster, BDM South East Pine sales
- Roy Dias, Site Manager, Timberlink
- Jessica Douglas, Director of External Affairs, OneFortyOne
- Alan Rossouw, Regional Manager, Timberlands Pacific
- Keith Lamb, Managing Director, Kangaroo Island Plantation Timbers
- Colin Wooldridge – General Manager Whitehead Timber
Chair of the Interim Governing Committee Keith Lamb said, “This is a very exciting time for our forest industries right across the value chain and the state. We are all determined that under the united umbrella of the South Australian Forest Products Association (SAFPA), we will become a much louder, more compelling presence in the media and in the corridors of power in Adelaide.”
“There is enormous upside in our industries but there are barriers to our growth which must be addressed. We have less than two years until the next state election and so we are moving urgently now to recruit a very high calibre advocate to spearhead our efforts as CEO of SAFPA,” Mr Lamb concluded.